Thursday 5 March 2009

Oooh!

Had a bit of a lazy morning today... but my excuse for it was i was waiting in for the postman. I ordered some lovely fine chain from Cooksons, which ill be using in my Narrative piece, and thankfully it came this morning, meaning....tomorrow I can get my head down in the workshop.





These are a couple of pages out of my narrative sketch book. First off is a quick line drawing i did, taking inspiration from my mind map. Another image is trying to represent this idea of capturing memories as well as trying to find a way to give the wearer a sense of something spooky almost. I was once told by a clairvoyant , that when you have a sense of something tickling your skin, almost like walking into cobwebs, which gives you goosebumps, can mean a spirit is close by. So I'm going to try and incorporate a way to create this in my piece.

Today I also visited the Visual Research Centre at the DCA, where they have a lovely collection of artists books...it has giving me some really good ideas on how to present my drawing and sketch books in a more unique way.

Off to do more work :D

No comments: