Thursday 29 May 2008

To Glasgow, Ayr and Back again





So iv had a pretty busy few weeks! On the work front... iv finished 9 canvases for the Westend Festival, once i start painting i just cant help myself. I find it so relaxing and once i start i just cant stop, but i must as i have abandoned my jewellery and need to get back on track. I did find time in between my painting to order my new funky business cards. I used Moo.com as these little jems are just what i was looking for!






On Sunday i took a wee trip on down to my home town of sunny Ayr for my Dads birthday... it was also an excuse to get home and spend some time with my family, especially my big sister who i miss so much!! I love the smell of the sea breeze, its the little things like that remind me of the summer and the many days i spent as a kid playing by the beach. I also used this opportunity to collect some source of my home town which i will hopefully be able to use in 3rd year. A little road trip with my friend and jewellery pal Lisa (who is also an Ayrshire Lass) where we visited Dunuen Castle, The Brig O Doon and The Auld Kirk. unfortunally the weather was pretty rotten and by the time we finished i was rather damp lol.

On my journey to Ayr i decided to stop off at my friends Claire and Jamie in Glasgow as they just moved into there first flat together in Shawlands and i must say i was rather jealous... its so cute and cozy. The prefect first home!

So now that I'm home its full speed ahead with my work, if got everything i need now after stopping off in Glasgow to visit Bairds for material, so no more excuses!

No comments: